Sabine ISD does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information, or on any other basis prohibited by law.Job Openings
Substitute Needs (10-1-20): The cafeteria is looking for substitutes . . . this would be a "call as needed" position and must be willing to work at any campus. Sub's tasks would consist of assisting in food prep, serving students and cleaning. Hours would vary. Please pick up a substitute packet at the Superintendent's office or if you are already on our sub list, please contact Tracy Calvit (903-984-8564, ext. 204 or email@example.com) to be added to this department.
CUSTODIAN (2-24-21): Sabine ISD is looking for a CUSTODIAN (full-time position for the remainder of the 2020/21 school year) for the Middle School campus. This position could lead into continual employment. If interested, please apply at the Superintendent's office or for more information contact Tracy Calvit (903-984-8564, ext. 204 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
GREGG COUNTY SPECIAL EDUCATION SHARED SERVICE ARRANGEMENT (Posted 6/21/20)
2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR
SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER FOR ADAPTIVE BEHAVIOR UNIT
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree, special education certification as required by Texas Education Agency regulation
SUPERVISOR: Principal to whom assigned; Director of Special Education
The role of a teacher, in responding to the unique needs of the individual student, is to interact effectively with each component of the educational setting within the framework of the philosophy and objectives established by board policy, consistent with statutes and standards of regulatory agencies, and in accordance with administrative regulations and procedures, to create an educational environment which is conducive to learning and which provides opportunities, strengthens areas of weakness, and extends positive values to each facet of life.
1. Cooperates with other teachers in planning and implementing the instructional program for the student assigned to him
2. Works with the principal and supervisory staff in identifying and solving problems related to student behavior
3. Assesses student needs with regard to the instructional goals and objectives
4. Utilizes teaching techniques and classroom strategies to accommodate the various learning styles and behavior of students
5. Assists in the selection of programs, equipment and materials to meet the needs of his students
6. Supervises paraprofessionals, aides, and volunteers assigned to classroom
7. Performs effectively assignments relating to record keeping, reporting, and textbook accounting
8. Utilizes furniture, equipment, and facilities in the most effective manner to support the instructional and behavioral program
9. Interacts with students, teachers, and administrators to promote a positive school image to enhance the teaching-learning process
10. Promotes positive community relations through effective communication and involvement of community members
11. Performs other duties and functions as assigned by the principal
PLEASE COMPLETE PROFESSIONAL APPLICATION FOR POSITION ON THE SABINE ISD WEBSITE. PLEASE DIRECT ANY QUESTIONS TO