The mission of the Sabine ISD Transportation Department is to provide safe, efficient and timely transportation for all eligible students, using professionally trained drivers and a fleet of well-maintained busses.Bus Number by Street PDF
Bus 1 - Joyce Irby
Bus 2 - Cheryl Darden Bus 3 - James Elder Bus 4 - Norman Rowden Bus 5 - Marie Haynes Bus 6 - Marvin Camp Bus 7 - Stelvin Mitchell Bus 8 - Marty Arbter Bus 9 - Andy Guinn Bus 10 Bus 11 - Jolie Taylor Bus 12 - Jay Roy Mount Bus 13 - Romy WilsonStudent safety is always of the utmost importance to each Sabine ISD bus driver. The driver’s full attention needs to be on traffic for your child’s safety. Below is a more defined list of rules that is compiled from the Texas Department of Public Safety and Sabine ISD Student handbook.Always get to bus stop 5 minutes before the bus is due to arrive. Wait for the bus in a safe place away from the road. Line up from the street or road as the bus approaches (stand at least 3 giant steps away from roadway.) Wait until bus has completely stopped and the door opens before stepping towards the bus.
Students are not typically under the supervision of a teacher or parent when riding a school bus. Unstructured situations often lead to disruptive behavior and poor judgment on the part of the student which can distract the driver from the road and traffic situations. School bus drivers often report that they are overwhelmed by what they see as students’ lack of respect and failure to follow school bus rules and regulations. Typically, a large school bus transports 54 students, a number of students far in excess of what a certified teacher would be permitted to supervise without assistance. Yet, school bus drivers are confronted with this task on a daily basis. Ensure your child understands that riding on a bus is a privilege, that the bus is an extension of the classroom, and they are expected to behave as well as they would in a classroom.Your child’s safety is literally in our hands every day,
- NEVER RUN TO THE BUS OR FROM THE BUS.
- Wait your turn while boarding the bus. Do not push or shove.
- Board the bus in an orderly manner and go to your assigned seat quickly and sit down.
- All students have assigned seats. They are responsible for damage such as holes in seat, tears, graffiti and trash left in their area.
- While in assigned seats, students are to remain seated facing the front of the bus with feet on the floor at all times. In compliance to safety regulations, standing, kneeling, or turning around backwards in seats is not allowed.
- Standing on the bus is not allowed. Students are to remain seated until they reached their destination (home- school) and the bus has come to a complete stop.
- Loud talking or other noises are not allowed. This will distract the driver.
- Keep aisle clear of books, bags, band instruments and body parts. This will leave a clear path in the event of an emergency and allow the driver to see out the back glass.
- Keeps hands, arms, head and other body parts inside the bus at all times. A bus is much wider than a car and comes closer to trees, poles, other vehicles and could cause serious injury if any part of the student is hanging out the window.
- There is no rough housing or horse playing allowed on the bus. This includes wrestling, hitting, pinching, pulling hair, slapping of hand, etc. The bus is not a playground.
- Do not throw, pitch, pass or shoot articles within the bus, outside the bus windows, or at any other vehicles. This will distract the driver, or cause damage to other vehicles if an object is thrown from the bus.
- Talking on the bus will not be allowed during back ups or at railroad crossings. The driver needs to be able to clearly hear any approaching hazards.
- Eating and drinking are not allowed on the bus. This creates a choking hazard and may not be seen by the driver. NOTE: Water is allowed on hot days.
- Students are to disembark the bus in seat order. This reinforces what we teach during bus safety week for front door evacuation procedures.
- Treat all students and the driver with respect. No name calling, unacceptable language, gestures racial or religious slurs is allowed.
- Students are to cooperate and obey bus driver at all times.
Help us do our job by giving us the support we need.