SUMMER STRENGTH/CONDITIONING PROGRAM Important Information:
1. Dates: June 8 through July 24. Monday thru Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 9:45 for strength/conditioning. Per UIL, no workouts can be held on July 3, 7, 8, 20, 21.
2. Grades 7-12 only can participate. There is no charge for these workouts.
3. In addition to our S/C workouts, we are allowed each day to coach our kids in sports specific skills. Each head coach will set times and days for skill workouts. These will conclude around 11:00 a.m.. This will mainly apply to our HS kids, but some MS on occasion.
4. All workouts are voluntary but attendance records will be kept. It is most important that our athletes take part in the workouts.
5. There will be strict social distancing guidelines in place during these workouts. We will follow directives from the State and the UIL in regards to safety procedures. It will be a fluid situation and can change day to day. Cooperation from all students and staff is expected.
6. Athletes must come dressed in workout clothes. We are not allowed to open dressing rooms or shower areas. The restrooms at the visitors concession stand will be open.
7. Athletes must bring their own water/hydration drinks. We are not allowed to set up “community” drinking stations. We have asked the UIL for more guidance on safe hydration techniques.
8. The first few days will be conditioning work to acclimate and bridge the gap missed by no school and Covid-19. It is most important to get our athletes in “shape” in order to be ready for Fall sports. We will transition into the weight room phase after a few days.