- Sabine Independent School District
Public Notice - IDEA-B
ESSA (Every Student Succeeds Act) 2021-2022
Public Notice for Applying for the ESSA Federal Grant Funding
Independent School Districts
Sabine Independent School District is making public notice for applying for the ESSA Federal Grant for funding.
Sabine ISD applies for the following fund and general specifics on the grant are as follows:
- Title I, Part A – Intent and Purpose: Title I Part A, provides supplemental resources to LEAs to help schools with high concentrations of students from low-income families, provide high-quality education that will enable all children to meet the challenging state academic standards. Title I, Part A supports campuses in implementing either a schoolwide program (SWP) or a targeted assistance program (TAP).
- Title II, Part A – Intent and Purpose: The intent and purpose of the Title II, Part A, program is to provide resources to LEAs to do the following:
- Increase student achievement consistent with the challenging state academic standards
- Improve the quality and effectiveness of teachers, principals, and other school leaders who are effective in improving student academic achievement in schools
- Provide low-income and minority students greater access to effective teachers, principals and other school leaders
- Title III, Part A – Intent and Purpose: Title III, Part A, provides supplemental resources to LEAs to help ensure that children who are English learners, including immigrant children and youth, attain English proficiency at high levels in academic subjects and can meet the same challenging state academic standards that all children are expected to meet.
- Title IV, Part A – Intent and Purpose: Title IV, Part A Subpart I, Student Support and Academic Enrichment (SSAE) grants are designed to improve the academic achievement of all students by increasing the capacity of LEAs, schools, and communities to:
- Provide all students with access to a well-rounded education
- Improve school conditions for student learning
- Improve the use of technology in order to enhance academic outcomes and digital literacy of students
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, Formula – Intent and Purpose: IDEA-B Formula provides supplemental resources to help LEAs ensure that eligible students (ages 3-21) with disabilities are provided with a free appropriate public education as required by federal statute.
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, Preschool – Intent and Purpose: IDEA-B Preschool provides supplemental resources to help LEAs ensure that eligible students (ages 3-5) with disabilities are provided with a free appropriate public education as required by federal statute.
Title I, Part A - $185,417
Title II, Part A - $36, 449
Title III, Part A - $16, 470
Title IV, Part A - $14,116
IDEA B Formula – $919,838
IDEA B Preschool – $20,182
For more information or comment, please contact the district ESSA contact:
District Contact Name: Shelley Yates
Phone Number: 903.984.8564
DEADLINE for all questions and comments for the ESSA Grant will end as of 3:00 p.m. on July 9, 2021.