Return to Headlines
CAR LINE INFORMATION
SABINE ELEMENTARY CAR LINE INFORMATION
FROM THE PRINCIPAL’S OFFICE
- All car pickup vehicles MUST have a current car tag on their rearview mirror.
- Car tags MUST be displayed throughout the entire pickup process. Please do not remove it until you are on the public access road. Once your child is loaded/unloaded >> MOVE quickly and CAUTIOUSLY out of the parking lot. NEVER, EVER PASS ANOTHER CAR!
- Sign your child’s folder, give them lunch money, share hugs, kisses and positive reinforcements BEFORE the car line.
- Please send handwritten going home notes directly to the teacher. If the note is for a one day pickup change, you are not required to have a car tag. If you have an emergency and need to email the office to change your child’s going home plan, ALWAYS call to make sure the email was received.
- If your child does not have a note nor do you have a car tag, you will be asked to park and come into the office to get the student.
- Car pickup line begins at 3:10 and ends at 3:30. After 3:30, students will be sent to the office to wait for you. Come in to sign them out.
- Morning drop off cars can enter the parking lot in two lines then merge into one line to drop off. Afternoon pick up will form two lines and remain in two lines to load students.
- Do NOT exit your vehicle, Your child will always be loaded/unloaded on the passenger side, so adjust car seats accordingly.
- Do NOT use your cellphone in our car line. This includes, texting, phone calls, and hands free phone calls. *THIS IS A LAW*
- Most importantly, be kind and patient. Because really, everything you need to know about the car line, you learned in Kindergarten.
Thank you for your help and understanding!
Teri Bass, Principal